Fall is such a fun time of year. The air starts to get cool and crisp. You can enjoy outdoor activities without dying of a heat stroke. The leaves change colors. You get to wear all your pretty fall clothes. You can get snugly in your blankets without turning on the AC. There are so many things about fall that I love.
Here are a just a few:
- Fire Pit dinners are a big favorite at our house. We love to hang together on our back porch. Our fire pit came with a grill so we can have the whole dinner on the pit. We usually have easy dinners like hamburgers, hot dogs, and smores. Sometimes we step it up a notch with steak and make cobblers in the dutch oven. We usually have roasted marshmallows anyway, mostly because I think they are fabulous.
- I wear lots of dresses, so Booties and boots help me transition through fall. I figured out years ago that dresses cut out a step for me in the mornings. All I had to do was figure out what dress and shoes, not shirt, pants and shoes. I can have a lot of my dresses work into the fall with the simple switch to a pair of boots or booties.
- Cardigans are a fun cute way to stay snugly warm. I like the crispness the fall brings, but don’t necessarily want to be cold. They help make you feel like you’re wrapped up in bed all day, yet you are out of bed adulting.
- Leggings are a favorite anyway, but then when it get cold outside they become a staple to keep my legs stay warm. I personally own just the basic colors, but I think the multi color patterns are really cute and fun as well.
- I have Lip Balm stashed everywhere in all kinds of flavors and colors galore. I don’t wear lots of make up, but I love good lip balm in fabulous colors. That cool air just makes my lips so dry.
- Yummy delicious Soup gets to make your belly all warm. I don’t get to make soup too much, because basically my kids wouldn’t eat that night, but my husband and I love soup. I try to make this on weekends when I’m not so rushed to make food, and then I make a separate meal for the kids, eye roll.
- Oktoberfest and Winter beers are out in abundance for the tasting. It seems every brewery is making them these days, so why not try them all. You’ve got to find a favorite.
- We get to have Hot coco parties instead of tea parties. It’s still the same setup with the teapot and teacups, but this party has hot coco and marshmallows. Even the boys get invited to this party, sometimes.
- You get to Carve pumpkins and get your hands all gross and slimy. I love watching the kids faces when they start digging out all the seeds. I think they forget each year how gross it feels. Then it gets even better, because you get to roast all those seeds.
- Fall candles start making your house smelling warm and cozy. My favorites fall scents are: apple pie, fall leaves, warm vanillas, and the ultimate is pumpkin pie.
- You think more about the things you’re thankful for. It’s not that we don’t think about them all year long, but it becomes a focus during the fall. It’s a busy time of year, and it’s good to remind myself how abundant and blessed my life is.
- I’m so glad flannel shirts are back in style. They are a close second to cardigans.
- We start having fires in the fireplace. Busy schedules don’t allow this too much, we have a wood burning fireplace, but we like to have them as much as possible. There’s nothing like the sound of the crackling wood while snuggled up with your people on the couch. It’s often not quite enough to actually hear the fire, but I can dream I hear it.