I have managed to get my entire family dressed in coordinating Halloween costumes every single year. Yes, that fact becomes much less impressive when you know that I was married last October and my twins weren’t born until December. But, nonetheless, all four of us dressed up as an avocado last year and I am still proud. Stay tuned for this year’s twin costume!
My 7 month twin baby bump was the avocado pit!
There are so many places to go on Halloween. To try to make your decision a little easier, I have compiled a list of events for the whole family going on in/near Waco in 2017.
Here are all the Halloween festivities going on October 28th-31st in Waco this year:
- Halloween Fun Run and Festival
- Oct 28th 9:30 AM – 12 PM at Brazos Park East
- 1K for children 10 and under, 5K for anyone older! Medals and costume prizes will be awarded. Register here: http://www.acresofsmiles.com/
- Festival begins at 10:30, which involves holiday games, crafts, a raffle, and face paint.
- Haunted Hayride
- Oct 28th 3 – 10 PM at 7915 S General Bruce Dr in Temple
- Family Friendly rides are from 3 – 6 PM, then Very Haunted rides from 6 – 10 PM!
- Trinity at Badger Ranch Trunk or Treat
- Oct 28th 4 – 6 PM at 2 Ritchie Rd
- Columbus Avenue Trunk or Treat
- Oct 29th 6 – 8 PM at 1300 Columbus Ave
- Games and candy in a family-friendly environment!
- Trunkfest 2017
- Oct 29th 4 – 7 PM at 1208 N Robinson Dr
- Games, food trucks, music, fellowship, cotton candy and face painted hosted by Harvest Time Revival Center.
- Trick or Trunk
- Oct 29th 2 – 4 PM at Whitehall Park
- Games and candy provided by your local Girl Scouts. Bring a canned good to vote for your favorite game/booth and it will help feed the hungry.
- St. Alban’s Fall Festival
- Oct 29th 3:30 – 5:30 PM at 305 N 30th St
- Trunk or treat, pumpkin painting, Pie a Priest, games, and food trucks will all be there; invite your friends and neighbors for a spooky good time!
- Church of the Open Door Trunk or Treat
- Oct 29th 6:30 PM at 900 N Loop 340
- Free admission includes train rides and face painting!
- Dr Pepper Museum After Dark
- Oct 30th 10 PM – 12 AM at 300 S 5th St
- Adults 18 and older only: come tour the museum in the dark to learn about paranormal investigations and behind-the-scenes information about Waco history. $20 ticket includes a large souvenir cup with a DP float.
- Creekside Spooktacular
- Oct 31st 6 – 8 PM at Warren Park (450 S Old Temple Rd in Hewitt)
- Involves trick or treating, games, bounce houses, costume contests (with prizes!), food trucks and more! Free admission; hosted by the City of Hewitt.
- Zoo Boo
- Oct 31th 6 – 8 PM at Cameron Park Zoo
- Designed for children 2 – 12 years old: face painting, themed exhibit areas, candy stations, bounce houses, and more. Tickets are $9 for adults 13+, $6 for children 4 – 12, and FREE for children 3 and under (PLEASE NOTE: ticket prices rise $1 each if you don’t buy them in advance)
- Apostolic Tabernacle Trunk or Treat
- Oct 31st 6 – 8 PM at 16095 Old China Spring Rd
- Michael Jackson Tribute Show
- Oct 31st 7 PM at 724 Austin Ave (Hippodrome Theater)
- $20; get your sequined glove ready, Michael Jackson is coming to the Hippodrome on Halloween for a Thriller spectacular!
- Trick or Treat with Main Street
- Oct 31st 6 – 8 PM in downtown Clifton
- Annual event for children 12 and under that consists of kids trick or treating at local businesses along Main Street.
- Trunk or Treat (Teal Pumpkin Friendly)
- Oct 31st 6 – 8 PM at 1624 Wooded Acres Dr
- Trunks full of candy, free hot dogs, carnival games, and a parking lot full of fun! All trunks will also provide non-food treats for children with food allergies, food intolerances, diabetes, celiac disease, other special diets or feeding tubes. Hosted by Holy Spirit Episcopal Church.